Since this is the very first update, it is not a quarterly update, but it is a first status of where I am currently. I set myself some goals for 2019 that I believe are not impossible to make
- Increase passive income
- Increase Savings rate (slightly)
- Get more structural passive income
What is included to make passive income?
- Tax Returns on investments: I doubted to put this in or not, but it really should count as ROI, although its not pretty constant. Its a one time only payment
- Returns on stocks (after taxes) – only actual realized return
- Dividends on Stocks
- Funds (unrealized return) – (YTD)
What is excluded?
- Retirement funds (since they will be unrealized until 2049… )
- Interests on savings accounts (so small that I don’t bother to check)
This is a really hard one to tackle since I have a lot of business expenses. This is making it hard to estimate my savings rate. But I did put an estimated guess here. I would say as long as it is above 70% I am happy.
Structural changes goals
- Purchasing a house: this would allow me to rent out my current apartment and maybe earn a little bit extra on Airbnb rentals. It would also give me a more structural income
- Increase investements on SP500 and Divident stocks
Goals by end 2020
Based on the above I set myself the following goals to reach by the end of 2020. If I reach all the goals I will reach my goal to have a passive income of 750 EUR/Month by the end of 2020
Enjoyed reading this? Then join the community and subscribe to follow my road to Financial Independence!